Friday, May 20, 2011

A little down south and to the east

Thats where i have moved to...down south and a bit towards east from Mumbai. At Bangalore.

Mentally i have moved here many times, went over what all i wanted to do once here , a million times in my head. Reality,has been very similar for a change.

For now, i am enjoying the space that the house offers me...my sparse furniture from the Bombay flat is looking like individual islands in corners of the house.

That hacking cough that followed me like a shadow in Mumbai has disappeared for now. I actually go for a morning walk and stop by to observe the flowers in the neighboring compounds.

The kid has made friends, re started his music classes and speaks a new Kannada word everyday. Yesterday, he sang two lines of a Kannada song - this one-to a much surprised audience including me , mom and sister.

I am back at work- as part of a 3 member team. The 3rd member being myself. Still haven't figured out travel in the city, and is completely in awe of the Volvo buses.

I come home to family - a six year old and an almost six month old who make my day completely worth while. And the sister i adore, and parents and the brother in law who make it complete.

My house is complete.. the home, not yet. My heart is in Pune. Everything is started by the " i wish he was here" thought.

I am happy with my material life as it is... it's the heart that hurts. I wish he moves here soon.Then i can call it home.

3 comments:

starry eyed May 20, 2011 at 4:48 PM  

Cool! Welcome! Have mailed you :)Hope the partner joins you soon!

Anonymous June 1, 2011 at 8:48 PM  

:-)

simplyshuchi July 23, 2011 at 9:07 PM  

hi,
came to your blog by accident, or a happy coincidence :) this is the first post i've read. but i feel like i need to comment- to scream out- " I feel the same way!!' the man is usually out, and all my thoughs start with " if he was here,.." or " once he gets here..."

PS, i moved to bangalore about a year back, and i love the place. hope you would like it too.