Monday, March 22, 2010

Justifying decisions

Now that her departure has been decided and plans made,


i keep losing sleep over what we will do in the coming days/months

On plan it all sounds very simple...wake up, clockwork. Drop kid at daycare, pick him up in the evening, clockwork, and crash.

That clockwork part, is scaring the shit out of me. With 2 hrs of one way travel everyday, i am wondering if it is a sensible idea at all!

But then, this had to happen, someday or other.

----Another year and V will be six. I'd rather has starts now when he still has friends around at the same place...
----I could be selfish and keep her for another 5 years, health not mattering. But i would have to live with that thought everyday.
----What if she falls ill? I doubt her family / general public at home will take kindly to that fact..
---- I am pulling V from a very comfortable life and forcing him to spend his days with a couple of other kids- much like putting a day schooler into a boarding school.
---Maybe he will finally start eating lunch/ food without coercion, hoping peer pressure would work.
---He will learn to share his space with other kids and co exist. As of now, he is the undisputed king/ owner of all things in his vicinity. Perils of being a single child.

It was a decision waiting to happen and now is when it is happening.

Sometimes, i wonder who am i justifying all this to?

Maybe just myself.

6 comments:

Anonymous March 22, 2010 at 6:40 PM  

Things will turn out to be fine. Don't worry much :-)

A journey called Life March 22, 2010 at 7:09 PM  

Hey SGM: I debated for long before I posted this comment (didn't find your email id listed as well). The reason being, I did not want to sound like I was doling out some free gyan, what with me being just a lurker.

I really really could connect to this post and hence my urge to comment.

I know the kind of feeling you must be going through. But you will do well when the time comes. Things will all fall into place. It will take some time adjusting but you will get there eventually and you are going to feel mighty proud of yourself when you look back on this little victory.

starry eyed March 22, 2010 at 8:09 PM  

awwww....hugs...changes in kids' routine and care are always tough on the mom!

In love with my life March 23, 2010 at 12:14 PM  

Anon: I keep telling myself that- all iz well, all iz well

AJCL: Thanks a lot for that. I really hope things fall into place.
And gyan is welcome, anytime:-)

Starry: The toughest part is geting the dad to contribute more time now!. That scares me!

InstantMusings March 24, 2010 at 7:48 PM  

Am not sure if you have to justify it to yourself too. Like you have mentioned it is a phase that had to happen one day. So be it now. Things will fall in place. Do not worry too much.

Soli March 31, 2010 at 5:11 AM  

Anu,

Sometimes life puts us in such quandaries that we lose sleep over it. I'm sure when the time comes you will do fine and your son will also adjust fast.

My kiddo just turned 6. Only child here. They grow so fast that I just want to stop time and enjoy as much as possible.

Hugs,

@solitalks