Monday, February 22, 2010

Why am i doing this?

Come this may, and we will take a huge step in our life.


V's nanny returns to her native place for good. In simple terms, it can be described as a " blow below the belt". Now starts the worry of - finding a daycare that will take in V while both if us are away for work. Not exactly what we want to do, but very less choice in there.

I am fairly sure she will want to stay back for a while more if we really push her, or maybe even suggest it, and it is not going to be easy to manage work/ home/ kid...but then --The decision of letting her move on has been made, her family informed and appraised.

So why exactly are we doing this???I kept asking myself this question ..and in my mind...

This is why we need to do it.

  • Her age is catching up. V is getting more active, her agility is failing. Her general health i better than average, but her age worries me.And age related problems have started showing up. About time for her to spend time with her family, and not with us.
  • She came to us with an initial decision of staying till V was 3 and then stayed on, because- she could not stay without him. So the next 2 years happened. Now she feels that V's dependency on he is reducing. Which is - true. They move on. They need less of us to do things. She finds that difficult to accept and discourages him from doing things on his own. Not good in the long run.
  • I think me and TB are growing complacent. We have someone else take care of V's small things on a daily basis. In these formative years,parents need to be around for children to learn from them and grow. V sees more of her, and learns a lot from her. Ideally we would like that he learns from his parents.
  • On a selfish note, not having someone live in the house 24 hours a day will also give us some " we" time and live as we please.
  • And at a very secretive, personal level, i harbour the hope that i might just quit and stay at home for a while and just be a mom and wife. Practically very unwise, buy hey! it's my hope.
Writing all this down was easy. The road ahead is not. I have a feeling i just asked my way to hell.The problem with all such exalted predictions is that they come true, and come back to bite in our butt!

But this had to happen someday. Better now than later! I need a lot of prayers, and a way forward.

In my usual style, i shall procrastinate till April!

7 comments:

A journey called Life February 22, 2010 at 6:10 PM  

All the very best.. sending lotsa positive thoughts ur way.. it will all work out just fine..

Niv February 22, 2010 at 10:31 PM  

hey, dont worry, you will do just fine, none of your predictions are going to come true, Imanaged Dooby in a daycare from teh age of 2.5 and she is still going to that school.I plan to put Chilli too there once she is 2 years old. And things have been fine till now.
Dont worry

Madhu February 23, 2010 at 2:12 PM  

I have been a regular follower of ur blogs, since a few months. I can understand your situation right now. My kid's nanny is also leaving next week . And m yet to find a replacement..Not sure if she will be as reliable as the present one :(

Anonymous February 23, 2010 at 5:48 PM  

Life is always about how one person can change a life around. don't worry much, things will turn out to be fine. Have a happy days. Nanny will definitely miss you all as well.

mim March 6, 2010 at 5:37 PM  

i agree with the procrastinating bit.

things might look same or different then.
but at least its at least 20+ days away...

In love with my life March 8, 2010 at 5:58 PM  

AJ: Those positive thoughts seem to be working for sure:-)

Niv: Ahem! i thrive on hope. Hope is all i have...yay..yyyyaaa. Excuse me, i am a little out of my mind.

Madhu: Did you find a replacement yet? How are you managing? I am yet to start thinking!

In love with my life March 8, 2010 at 5:59 PM  

Anon: : things will turn out for better- thank you! hoping for that.

MinM: They are looking pretty much the same for now. But, wait, i have not ever started searching for a solution.