Monday, November 29, 2010

Perfect Life, and a single flaw

And they lived happily aver after... isn't that how all stories are expected to end. Everything falls in place, their lives become perfect.. and all is well.
Isn't that the life everyone wants.. perfect , in their own way??

Well, everyone except me, i assume.

I have a problem with perfect life. Actually i have a problem with everything that can be called perfect. And no i am not a pessimist. I am the other extreme.. An optimist who believes that everything must have a flaw, insignificant, but existing.

Call it strange, but i have always observed that whenever something is referred to as perfect, it does not stay that way for long. So i have this problem bordering obsession where i hope that something small, something minor will go wrong. Then, i tell myself that it will stay on ...

It would be my perfect life to live in my own house, with my loved one's and have a job that keeps me happy.  But that would have been perfect. And i would worry myself to death everything thinking something is about to go wrong and upset this balance- and they invariably, always happen.

So when it looked like my perfect life was about to come together,i fretted, i worried and basically thought of everything possible to figure out what to do. But then destiny decided to play its own cards. So now i have my perfect life coming together- hopefully soon, with a flaw that will no longer make it perfect.

But to me, that single flaw gives me strength to know everything else will go alright. The petition to the man above is till pending, but he might just consider accepting it this time around.

I'd take this flawed life any day above a perfect one. I can sleep well knowing i do not have a perfect life.

9 comments:

Niv November 29, 2010 at 3:33 PM  

a mirror of my thoughts!:)
yes, even I have this fear bordering on obsession;when everything looks really super, I am not thrilled, I am just so scared;literally anticipating the worst thing, waiting just around the corner, probably even looking at me, from there:)
My fear goes to such an extent, that when people ask me, "How are you", I am totally unable to say great, I always say, "Okay"

Litty November 29, 2010 at 10:39 PM  

Are you stealing my thoughts again, Anu?

bitsofchocolate November 30, 2010 at 10:47 AM  

"Imperfection" => "I m perfection"

MiM November 30, 2010 at 11:09 AM  

this went way way way way over my head.
but glad to see you blogging

In love with my life November 30, 2010 at 12:09 PM  

Niv: So i am not loony, yet! I have company at least. I can so relate to the last line.

Litty: Maybe we are soul sistah's :-)

Choc( may i call you that?): That was beautiful!I am going to frame that on my table some day.

In love with my life November 30, 2010 at 12:10 PM  

MiM: It went way way over your head due to overdose of vellam. That's it.
So is anything left at all??

wordjunkie December 1, 2010 at 11:44 AM  

Hi. Dropped by and caught up on all the posts I missed these past few (!!) months. And what's strange is, so many of them sounded so close to home! you've voiced so many of my problems and fears here, and in probably the same words I'd have used myself.
Hugs, and keep writing.

Indian Home Maker December 5, 2010 at 4:05 PM  

I agree with you, but I think not even those little imperfections are a real insurance.

In love with my life December 6, 2010 at 12:05 PM  

Wordjunkie: I kept checking for updates at you blog. You know you don't have to type a single word, your sketches do a lot of talking. Please keep them coming. And yes, V has started music classes.

IHM: With you, i cannot dispute. But it is just one of those silly superstitious things one hangs on to,for no reason. This is mine.