Thursday, May 29, 2008

Today's news

As is with everyday..i got about 2 minutes in the morning to glance through the news paper before it was confiscated by TB to be read in the loo( what is with men and reading in the loo??)
I am right now trying to find out what happened in the world while i was snoring away( i do snore...but no competition to TB).
There is nothing of interest to me , except for the petrol price hike. I scan all the pages, reading about the starlets zips being zapped, about sanjay dutts tax stories, his marriage..and did not find one word of what i wanted to see.
Today is the day Mt Everest was conquered for the very first time, in 1953. And there is no mention of this anywhere.
Reading " THE HINDU" when in school was a very educational activity. I can still picture my dad reading the paper , down to the last classified. He used to show us the bold letters and small words initiating us( Us as in me and my sis) into learning English. We were told to read the editorial if we wanted to improve our vocabulary( never did that...Englist still in pits). I cannot imagine sitting with V and telling him the same thing...all he will be reading is crap! While dad used to spell out words like "nation", "science", "history" and so on to us from the papers..i will end up reading " murder", "cops", " cheated" etc. Not sure if i want to do that...I have a colleague to brings the paper to office , as she does not want her teenaged daughter to be distressed anymore by the sensational murders that have been grabbing headlines.
Maybe i am incapable of handling reality as it is..maybe V will grow up to be capable of handling them. For now i am contended reading out to him from " Billy and Betty Bear series".

PS: I have this habit of connecting from one topic to another and moving on, without even realizing it...by the time i finish, it will have no relation to what i had originally started:-). So, keep reading, be entertained.

0 comments: