Tuesday, October 7, 2008

"Perfect love sometimes does not come until the first grandchild" Welsh Proverb

We have granddad at home. Granddad and kiddo are thrilled to be with each other and are over the moon. And our status is life has taken a considerable beating!

TB has been reduced to being the driver of our car and me the in- house cook. Valiamma has been told by V to pack up and leave for her house.

Snooty little worm, this son of mine. I will let him have the pleasure of ignoring us till dad is here and them show him who the boss is.

Unfortunately, just about when realization will dawn on him, the other set of grandparents will land.

Then we (TB, myself and valiamma) become non existent.
-I will not even have the in house cook status -mom will take over kitchen!
-TB does not have to be driver-my parent’s idea of a vacation is staying indoors with V, indulging him. We’ll have to manhandle to get them to step out.
-Valiamma can vanish into thin air for all V cares- she is currently going through this depressing phase of “I think V does not like me anymore, because he does not need me to fuss around all the time”…now again, who is the kid here?

V wakes up asking for granddad, eats sleeps, plays- with grand dad, and is right now contemplating going back to Kerala when he returns next week. He does not even talk to me when I call!

Sob..sob! ………..Please excuse the cook while she sulks at her current state of affairs.

2 comments:

SITARA October 10, 2008 at 8:50 PM  

Hi Anu, chanced upon your blog recently and have to say i'm hooked. You have a great writing style..

Suma..

In love with my life October 14, 2008 at 10:21 AM  

Thank you...it is a great way to say what you feel like.
Guess i'm getting addicted to this too...