Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The top 5

This one is for MinM. I already gave you my excuses for being so late.
And for VJ, who double tagged me, so i have no excuse left.

So here are 5 great things TB has done for me, in no order.

Bestest Friend
The one who lent me a shoulder when i was heartbroken, one who chaperoned me to dates in college, the one who taught me how to ride an enfield bullet, and always finished half of whatever i ordered at the local tea shop. The one person who knows absolutely everything about my life. My bestest friend for the last 14 years.

The know-how man
I am the practical one around here. But he is the logic man. I can tell you what needs to be done. But he will know how exactly to do it. Without him, my practical suggestions do not find ground.

The one who came back, again and again
When we started working and had to part ways after college, i told him that the next three years were our test. Anything could happen- we were human. That there would be no bad blood if we find someone else.
But he came back, every meagre holiday he had, he made time to come to my workplace, hundreds of kms away and then went to meet his family. He made sure i was left with no time and inclination to think of anyone else.

Never son- in -law
He has never been a son-in- law to my parents or family. He has been the son they never had, elder brother to my cousins and the nephew my aunts and uncles adore.
From my mom, who spent months pondering what was the correct approach for a 'jamai', and who now shares a glass of wine with him.
To the uncle who refused to identify anyone else except him in late stages of dementia. He is truly the son they always wanted.

The awesomest in laws.Period!
In one word, his family is what you call" bindaas" in hindi.
I could not have asked for a better family to be a part of . I have him to thank for giving me them.

6 comments:

starry eyed July 22, 2009 at 7:19 PM  

Way to go TB! And lucky you:)

maidinmalaysia July 23, 2009 at 1:57 PM  

your practical and his know-how -- you guys -- between you seem to have more logic / common sense for about seven point seven couples combined...

this is way too much.

VJ July 24, 2009 at 6:05 AM  

aww... you both really be made for each other !!

In love with my life July 27, 2009 at 11:37 AM  

Starry: Thank you, very kind.

MimM: You are talking about ideal situations..they are far and few.

VJ: Thank you VJ:-)

Mom Gone Mad July 30, 2009 at 10:09 PM  

touchwood, touchwood!!
anti-jinx-ing like mad:-)

Anonymous August 11, 2009 at 11:03 PM  

Wonderful list, wonderful tribute.