Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Need To..need to

I need to reduce..weight, that is. Of course i can't write here how much i tilt the scales at right now, but it is definitely a very memorable figure( nightmarish!)
Well, it has not been this way always....i have had my days as the svelte, lean framed 18 year old. Not very sure if i looked any better than now at 48 kilos( please note- exacly 10 years ago)...but was definitely healthier.
I keep promising myself to reduce, every time i find a pretty dress and figure out it is two sizes small. What amazes me is that, a good 70% of the women i see on a daily basis are either healthy or putting it blankly, oversize for their height!. Then why is that 95% of the readymades available are not made for them??
Time someone gave fashion a serious thought!..a practical sit down thinking!
Coming back to losing weight, i even manage to put myself on track and actually start following sensible eating etc..but no exercise..very bad.I of course have the regular excuse trappings..no time, working mom, cooking dinner, child demanding time etc etc...
There are these dozens of people in my building who, unlike me, appreciate the activity of keeping fit and spend time doing what it takes...there are so many of them running around in different directions in the morning, i get worried we might have a pileup right here on the walkway. Wouldn't look too nice. They depress me!!I despise,loathe and envy them.
There i go again...
Ok,so the reason that i really started writing this is because today morning onwards, i have decided that i should maybe go back to sensible eating..more importantly, get TB also to do that. He loves food...preferably the kind that runs and swims.
When we were newly married, TB's aunt told me something that stayed.She lost her husband to Diabetes. He loved his food and at some stage, it just got to him. I repeat it here as my version to remind myself - which is very often.
" What is the worst thing that can happen to someone who loves eating and does not care about what it can cause??...living with a person who finds pleasure in cooking and feeding them"----we, that way are a match made in heaven...and a disaster in waiting.
Now that i have explained the reasons to myself and am partly convinced...i need to, need to put my eating habits in order....