Friday, February 27, 2009

The ups and downs of friendship

Scene 1/ 10.30 PM on a weekday

V :"Amma, you're my best friend"
Me: *swoons* "TB, you heard that? So cute of him...yes kanna! you are my best friend too..."
V:" Acha is my best friend too!"
TB*does a very proud papa, tribal dance*"Yo"
V: "Can we play car now?"


Scene 2/ 8.00 PM, just before dinner

V: " Amma you're my friend , na?"
Me: " Of course yes Kanna, why ?"
V: " I want that" *Pointing to jar of strawberry jelly drops kept high away from him*
Me: "no"
V: " You're not my friend...Katti"

Scene 3/ 7.30 AM on saturday, like two seconds after waking up

V: " Amma, you're my best friend ever"
Me: " Ok kanna, you are my friend too"
V:*eager expression*" We'll go and play in park now, na?"
Me:Huh!

Scene 4/Anytime of the day

Me:" who made this mess here?, how many times have i told you blah blah....." *rolls eyes*
V: " You are my best friend, i want to hug you" holds onto leg amidst protests*.
" I will give you a kiss also"

Scene 5/ After a week of being best friends

V:" Amma, you are my best friend!"
Me:" Ok kanna, tell me what you want , NOW"


People...i see a future PR guy here.

3 comments:

Niv February 27, 2009 at 12:02 PM  

Hi,

I have been reading your blog for sometime now, really nice....
damn cute, kids these days are damn smart, we were such innocent fools when we were kids:)

In love with my life February 27, 2009 at 1:20 PM  

Totally innocent...or maybe ignorant??I think it was gross underexposure that did us in.

There is high possibility that our kids may outsmart us in the next few years..i'm keeping a close watch :-)

Thanks for the comment. Let me hop over to yours and read it now..

Niv February 27, 2009 at 1:24 PM  

You bet, lol:), we will have to literally run fast to keep up with them:)

My blog is a new baby:), just a few days old, started after reading blogs like yours:)

btw, not that this is important, I happen to be a mallu too, married to a Tamilian:)