Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Shifting loyalties

When V went for his vacations the first time around... my mom was very edgy. Will he stay on his own? Will he start crying for mama and papa? Will he eat without us around?

She told me to book an open ticket, just in case....
Her concern was shortlived...i think it lasted for two mintues post landing at home.

V is off for his vacation again. He leaves tomorrow...And the child has his priorities very clear. He has been packing his stuff for the journey from the day mom arrived-
A broken car, a packet of chocos for the train, two noddy underwears and one belt(no clothes) and such.I see mental preparation too..he insists that grandmom sleeps with him, feed him, give him a bath. Parents are...well, ignored!

Second time around, mom is still a little edgy.

Will they stay without him? Will they start crying for him? Will they get home on time? will they eat well?- the 'they' in reference being the childs parents this time.

I think we'll book an open ticket, just in case.....

5 comments:

Nino's Mum April 8, 2009 at 5:26 PM  

:) I'm yet to discover this threshold feeling of having a child stay away from home for a vacay.
Nino used to love having sleepovers at my mum's place for weekends (she lives in a city an hour's drive away from me), but in the last year, refuses resolutely to step away without me. I was hoping he'll go, given that I'm worried about how to occupy him in the holidays, but he's adamant.
Sorry to hog comment space!

nitya April 8, 2009 at 7:59 PM  

:-) All the best... I hope you cope without V!

maidinmalaysia April 9, 2009 at 10:41 AM  

:-)

In love with my life April 9, 2009 at 3:28 PM  

NM: It was much better last year.We had prepared to face the blues since it was first time et all. This time around, it feels like it all happened in a hurry:-( The thing with kids is, they adapt better than us. It's not going to be long before Nino demands a vacation from his parents, you better watch out.

Nitya: So right- i hope so too.TB is threatening to go to Delhi for a few more weeks..I am already mopey.

MinM:We left him in the train and he tells TB" You be a good boy, don't cry, and don't trouble mama, ok?" And he tells us to carry on , and proceeds to make friendship with the passengers nearby.

Love, so fickle~

Cynic in Wonderland April 11, 2009 at 6:20 PM  

heheh.