Monday, January 4, 2010

The second step , or maybe the tenth, or 50th....

Sometime last year, i blogged about how i was fighting off the urge to be superwoman.


Six months down the year, i am fairly sure i have started getting comfortable with the pace of this journey.

My to do lists are shorter, and more doable. I can stay at home the whole day and not feel i have wasted productive hours. I can sit and watch TV/ read/ play with V without making a mental list of what is left to do around home.
I no longer feel guilty about spending 2 hours for a pedicure, or reading a book. The number of days we stay at home and do nothing have increased, so has our happiness quotient. Those are always the best days. The one's where we say, no plans for today- and while our Sunday away.

I still re arrange the cushions everytime i pass by the sofa, keep picking up toys and lose my head over lights and fans not switched off and wet towels on the bed.

I said i will start enjoying the journey. Who said anything about reforming myself? That is not going to happen, in a long long time.

5 comments:

Niv January 4, 2010 at 4:27 PM  

lol:)

sounds a lot like me:)

I also found myself only making lists or thinking about what job was next, when I decided I had to stop here andnow and do something for myself:)

nitya January 4, 2010 at 7:00 PM  

Good place to be in!

Nirmala January 4, 2010 at 9:36 PM  

hi,

Came to your blog from Nivi's blog. This is super sexy. My resolutions for this year are also similar.

Just live life. Dont plan too much.

Wish you a great year ahead.......

Era January 8, 2010 at 5:29 AM  

"I still re arrange the cushions everytime i pass by the sofa, keep picking up toys and lose my head over lights and fans not switched off and wet towels on the bed."

This part sounds just like me! Have a Happy New Year!!!

Anonymous January 11, 2010 at 12:18 PM  

reminds me of monica from friends!