Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Questions..

"Where do you see yourselves five years from now?"...sounds familiar?? I hear that a lot, and i also hear a lot of " here's where i see myself in the next five years....."
I can put down a wide variety of responses...

1. Heading the division( if i am still here)
2. Contributing to the overall organization( ..if i am still here)
3. Taking your job(..if i am still here)
4. Creating new synergies ( aarghh!..actually heard this one. Synergy, Here? Where?)
5. Strategizing to overthrow the management around here and position myself as the next successor( he he..yet to hear this one)

Totally..cliche`

Wonder why no one ever asked me that question? I have been for exactly two interviews in my life and never got an opportunity to deal with this question(none of those interviewers have any idea what they missed- my response could have been the next big thing in global harmony!)
So where exactly do i see myself in five years?

Workwise..exactly the same as i do today..i have said that before, i am not ambitious. I just like to do what makes me happy..Right now i am happy.
I sure do some of the things i would like to do/ see happen over the next ten years though...five is too short. I'll stick to ten.

1. Quit working full time( hope my boss does not read this!..and yes i intend to be here for the next ten years)
2. Have another kid...( and prefereably a girl-i think secretly TB was hoping we'll have a girl when i was expecting V). So this should be his chance to get fair.
3. Move out of city and live in a farm( this one's going to take some more time i guess- but it is what i want to do more than anything else)
4. Grow an organic farm- i have no idea if i have green fingers, but there is nothing more satisfying that seeing your garden grow..i think could do it for ever.
5. Have a house that we can stay in at the farm...one where mom and dad can stay with us, and TB's mom and dad and aunt too can stay with us...i am not asking for too much, or am i?
6.See V grow up to be a good human being. I don't care if he does not get the best grades in class or be in the top three..if he can be a good human being, that is all that matters.
7. Have TB come home by nine PM. We need him as much as his work does..actually more. We're going to be around him longer than work..

I digress..and hit a mental block. So i quit thinking and get back to work.

1 comments:

Siji vyloppilly August 5, 2008 at 8:54 PM  

ഇത്‌ സെന്റ്‌ മേരീസില്‍ 4 ത്ത്‌ ഫ്ലോറില്‍ ഹോസ്റ്റലില്‍ ഉണ്ടായിരുന്ന അനു അല്ലേ? ഞാന്‍ പാര്‍വ്വതി/കവിത ദത്തന്‍ എന്നിവരുടെ റൂമേറ്റായിരുന്നു..ഓര്‍മ്മയുണ്ടോ ഈ മുഖം. ??