Thursday, July 31, 2008

I am impressed

Surprise! Surprise!! i am impressed by the efficiency of a govt organization...., for a refreshing change.

I filed my income tax returns today( always the last day- and this time aided by the fact that my ex employer decided to send me the required documents five days ago!). There were no office boys around, so i decided to to this great task by myself. I dreaded the thought! going into any govt office makes me depressed.Things just do not move...

So i leave office after lunch, land outside the building and see a SEA of people waiting..i almost died. Then i realized that the sea was actually a multitude of queues..so i ask the seemingly ignorant gentleman at the entrace. He looks at my form and tell me exactly which queue to stand in...and in ten minutes, my returns were verified, and the acknowledgement stamped.
That was it..i was done. I stood there for a minute wondering if this was true...too good to be true. I have never seem such well coordinated crowd handling..everywhere you turned, there was someone to direct you to the right place.

Hats off to the IT department. I am truly impressed!

0 comments: