Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Har Har...i'm beating my own drums...

This is embarassing! no really.
I was asking around , after being tagged by MinM to do a tag on why i am awesome.

So i asked my folks why they thought i was awesome, and received...
- blank looks
- vague statements of " because of the person you are" type..
- questions like "Awesome, you?" kinds..
I am scarred for life!

Gave up and decided to do the tag on my own.here is why i think i am awesome.

1. I am awesome because i think there is nothing like too much love....knows a million people- loves them all. Never held a grudge in my life. Couldn't find a reason to. Know me in real life?Then you'll also know there will be a place for you- at our home and in our hearts, any time. Not met in 15 years? no problem- we'll just start where we left off then. Once a friend, on for life.

2.I am awesome because my middle name is Persistence. I'm not a fighter, but someone who just does not give up. You can ignore me, but you can never shake me off- till i get what i want from you. Every year in my appraisals these words stare back- and i smile to myself. "Persistent, Assertive, not aggressive. "

3. I am awesome because i am fiercely independent- i can run my life. I will share responsibilities only because it is socially expected to. If not, i'd do it all by myself. With all due love to the man i married- he knows it better.

4. I am awesome because i strive to stay above my standards. There is a common standard that is expected of someone, then there are expectations above it . I put my standards even above that- so i never fall short of anyone's expectations, except mine.

5. I am awesome because i have the most awesome family, and i value them : Loved one's i grew up with, the men i love ,and the family that i acquired. Much before we got married, after we had presented our case to the families and i had met his parents, TB's dad called him up to say " i hope you are dead serious about this . We met her, we love her. So if you have any second thought's about this , do not come back home. She can stay with us" Need i say more?

6. I am awesome because i have been brave. Not the "will watch 12 AM horror movie alone" type brave. Life hasn't exactly been a bed of roses.There are times when we may have walked away from this life, thrown the towel- called it quits. But no-we held on, fought back and stayed on. Experience tells me I am at my best when life is at its worst. I have been stronger than i ever thought i could be , brave to take risks in life that thankfully paid off.

7. I am awesome because i am a realist. I cannot step out beyond practical thinking. Everything i do is based on practicality. There are no impulse decisions, there are no fantasies in life. Maybe overtly practical at time, but it keeps me grounded, and very close to reality.

Phew! I give up!

And thank you all for reading all that crap above.

8 comments:

starry-eyed June 30, 2009 at 5:32 PM  

Sob! Such lovely mush:)

Nicely done, wrote all the seven points, made at least one reader get Senti, go to the TOP OF THE CLASS!!!!! Full marks! Double promotion!

And there I was thinking of asking around for tips on why I'm awesome, looks like there'll be no help there, huh?!

wordjunkie June 30, 2009 at 9:13 PM  

Wow!

In love with my life July 1, 2009 at 10:36 AM  

Starry: Thank you...you made my day..no week.*passing tissues*

WJ: :-). Coming from you, that means a lot.

maidinmalaysia July 1, 2009 at 2:02 PM  

i read this tag four times over...

whatatag!

whatawoman!

you blew me away!

*man! we have NEARLY nothing in common*

In love with my life July 1, 2009 at 4:06 PM  

MimM:Thank you..Now i am squirming with embarassment.

Nothing commmon?Maybe that's why i am smitten by your writing:-)

Era July 3, 2009 at 9:12 AM  

I simply loved your list. Standing ovation from me :)

In love with my life July 3, 2009 at 10:12 AM  

Era: Thank you, much humbled.

In love with my life July 6, 2009 at 10:31 AM  

Cyn::-)