Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Bhangra and some more..

Waited all week to watch V perform Bhangra for his school annual day.

I had an adrenaline rush watching my baby, look all grown up and dance perfectly to tune, do somersaults and use the lathi and sing along too.

I thought i would burst into tears when his turban came off and he stopped, a sob escaping his lips. He looked so lost....

My heart was bursting with love when he quietly walked to the side of the stage, handed over the turban to his teacher, and continued dancing from where he left off.

Silly me..i had tears in my eyes and could not get the video right!

***************************************************************************
V's best friend sitting right behind me kept reminding me that i am watching ' his best friend's dance", and kept clapping.

Yes Kiddo...that my " bestest friend " too, and thank god for friends like you.

***************************************************************************
Watching so many kids perform, on stage and off stage too...is such a balming effect.

The fact that 80% were too stunned to dance when put in front of the light is just ignorable statistics. Watching them up there, dressed and dolled up was reason enought to spend those few hours.

**************************************************************************
On a different note, i would have enjoyed swatting the following people....

- who walked in a full hour late, and walked in and out of the aisles, searching for non existent empty seats.
- who came dressed for a P3 party, and almost tripped on the dark aisle steps( i giggled, does that make me mean?)
- Who walked out of the auditorium to take calls, every five minutes, disturbing 300 others.
- THAT dad, who kept saying " Come on R", every five mins, before the kid on stage decided to call it a day and stop dancing altogether. Well done kiddo, is all i have to say!
- Parents who troop out as soon as their childs dance is over. Next year around, i am petitioning to put their kids dance the last item- about time they get a taste of their own medicine.

2 comments:

Niv March 18, 2009 at 3:51 PM  

I so agree with your post entirely....on feeling so proud of V when he danced...I couldnt wipe off the smile from my face this afternoon, when Dooby's teacher told me that I had quite an articulate child:), I am sure this is common, considering the generation we are bringing up, but hey my kiddo is my kiddo:)
also the part about the parents...will join you in the petition lol.
and as for the lamppost...I am beginning to believe, that there is something up there in what people call heaven! :)
You must have felt like the LIGHT came on in your life when you needed it the most:)

In love with my life March 18, 2009 at 4:59 PM  

Rightly so...however he is to the world, he is the most precious treasure to my eyes.

Yeah...there have been several times when i've had this" heavenly experience".Keeps my faith rooted..