Monday, March 30, 2009

Mom's travel checklist

This is what my mom bought along for a three week stay...

For us...
-Banana chips
-Panchamritam
-Mixture( several packets)
- Home processed tamarind
- Half a dozen mangoes
- Dry coconut chutney
- Vathal mulagu and Assorted Vathal
- A kilo of jangri
- Home grown lemons
- Biscuits for the boy
- a top for the boy to play
- whole arecanuts

For herself..
- toothbrush
- two sarees
- medicines
That's all...

She also WANTED to bring...
- one jackfruit
- several coconuts
- one ripe pumpkin/melon/ her garden vegetables.

Which were abandoned thanks to my father repeatedly pointing out that he was not travelling along to lug all this along.

Is this normal?Do all parents , like mine bring half the house along?

Gasp at the price of vegetables here and make mental note to bring that also along in the next visit?

5 comments:

nitya March 30, 2009 at 12:00 PM  

Aha. For a minute there, I thought you were talking about my mom.... I am drooling over the vathal.... :-)

maidinmalaysia March 30, 2009 at 1:33 PM  

and which one is your fav.??
*the horlicks bottle is all mine, btw*

In love with my life March 30, 2009 at 1:52 PM  

Nitya:I think growing up(old)does this..i am fairly confident V will write blog posts about someting similar 30 years down the line.

MinM: That'll have to be mixture..and vathal.Then comes the Panchamritham. I see a two way tie between you and TB who is away at work and has called mom everyday to make sure the bottle is not opened before he lands tomorrow night.

Nino's Mum March 30, 2009 at 6:06 PM  

hahaha :) your mum sounds totally hug-able!
Mine lives too close-by to carry half her house: but I do end up emptying half her fridge with stuff to take back when I visit her.

Magical Homes April 1, 2009 at 4:46 PM  

one of the sweetests posts I've read. ALL moms. Like that. Without fail.