Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What love does...

Last night....

TB was coming in late. So we killed time by reading Dr Seuss's Books, drew on dotted lines, coloured parrots , and sketched about a tonne fish.

With my calf muscles killing me, i told V i want to lie down, can we please go sleep? He agreed, so we read the bubbles book in bed and settled. The pain was not going away and it must have shown on my face.

V quite did not like the look of it. He said" smile amma", i managed a weak one. Ten minutes later, he said" amma, i am hungry".

I almost fell out of my bed! my son, the food hater, is hungry!!!???I told him to stop joking and go to sleep. He said " No, i want idli"
We had mini idlis and sambhar for dinner and i had kept some for TB. I checked again, he said yes. I threatened him with dire consequences if i wake up and give him some and he does not eat all.

He still wanted idly. I gave up, went to the kitchen and got him idly..he wanted six of them, with jam. And his glass of water.

He took his plate, went to the dining table, got his cushion and sat down. I was ready to faint..he.is.sitting. at. dining. table, without a fight.

I read my book on the next chair, glancing sideways to catch him unwillingly stuff his mouth with the food , wondering what on earth??Why was he eating without wanting it??He finished all six idlis, had the water and tapped on my hand. I looked up, and he said.....

"Amma, now smile. I sat on the dining table, ate all my food, did not play with my car in between. I am good boy. You always smile when i finish all my food"

I think i cried. What did i do to deserve him?

4 comments:

Anonymous March 10, 2009 at 5:59 PM  

thank god for whoever invented enveloping hugs that just about stop short of breaking our kiddies' ribs...
i hope you used one of those...:-)

In love with my life March 10, 2009 at 7:06 PM  

I did, and how! He's nursing a few broken bones too:-)
I could have eaten him up then and there...

Niv March 11, 2009 at 2:56 PM  

Aww, thats so sweet!I am in tears!

In love with my life March 12, 2009 at 10:02 AM  

I was toooo....keep thanking god i had enough sense to have this kid and not wait any longer.