Wednesday, May 27, 2009

ένα έτος

Warning: Totally self centred post in first person narrative; about a hundred " i"s.

I am fantastic...when it comes to not completing a lot of my projects.

The older i get, i am quite convinced my dad was right when he called me " jack of all, master of none" , for nothing.

I dabbled with a little bit of everything in life...and surprisingly, did well at most.Some bit of dancing, singing, poetry,theatre, studying... Must have beginners luck everytime.I can stand in a group and associate with most people, and can say " been there, done that" in most occassions.

I lose interest in things/ activities if they are not challenging enough. This surprisingly was discovered by one of my bosses(Needless to say, he made sure work was a " challenge" then on).
If you ask me today how my life looks to me in the next 5, 10, 15 years, i will have the same response- happy, healthy and thankful for everyday.

When i come across people who have had a dream, worked towards it from a early age, are settled in life,do not go through the mad rush that my life constantly is, i sometimes feel shortchanged. I wonder how it would be to feel that way-30 and knowing where exactly life is headed.

But then , it is difficult to say whether i would have been happier,more contented if i had one goal, one pursuit in life, that i had my mind set on, pursued it and achieved it.Some secret voice inside says i would have hated myself---life would never have so many dimensions then, never have so many friends, and so many experiences.

Maybe not having a life plan and living life a day is not so bad after all.Who knows, in another ten years in might be telling V to be a " jack of all trades"..at least he'll know what he likes and go for it- rather than choose a path a end up having to like it.

The point of writing all this today?...If it had not been for a moment of madness, this blog would not have been started, exactly a year ago.I am amazed i have held on for so long..

Has to be the fun of meeting all of you, reading about your lives and the small, cheap thrill of anonymity in the big wide web world.

I just hope this blog does not meet an untimely death like many other of my interests.

The heading? means " one year" in greek. Talk about sounding like greek and latin:-)

10 comments:

VJ May 27, 2009 at 10:34 AM  

Congrats on surviving for a year !!!
hope it lates for many many more years !!!
I am just sitting and nodding my head.. all the "I"s in this post can be me.

In love with my life May 27, 2009 at 12:29 PM  

Really? Maybe that explains why you come back to read me...

So what have you made again in the new oven?

maidinmalaysia May 27, 2009 at 1:03 PM  

and after six months or more about ....reading all about V's exploits and panchamirtham posts, and you cracking the glass ceiling ...

must tell you the pleasure, in love, was entirely mine :-)

In love with my life May 27, 2009 at 3:32 PM  

Thank You MimM, floating a leettle bit now. * must get a hold on self before i ask people to address me as " o exalted one" etc*

And,the pleasure is mutual:-)

Cynic in Wonderland May 27, 2009 at 6:23 PM  

celebrations and congratulations.

and jack of all trades is much better - multifaceted and all that. people who are too focuses and scary

In love with my life May 28, 2009 at 2:25 PM  

Cyn: We seem to be birds on the same telgraph pole.

starry-eyed May 28, 2009 at 5:23 PM  

Agree, it's nicer to keep re-inventing oneself...keep trying different pursuits...enjoy a little bit of everything...just one fixed path is mighty boring :)

The kind of career and hobby options we had ten years ago were really limited, imagine if one stubbornly refused to try new ways of working and time-passing! Relic would be the word. And there's plenty of those fossilising everywhere!

Congrats on completing one year!

Nino's Mum May 29, 2009 at 12:18 PM  

Good god, for a minute I thought you'd just transcribed my own life.
I know why I'm here, and I'm so happy I found you. much love.

In love with my life May 29, 2009 at 1:16 PM  

Starry eyed: So true..i find it very difficult to explain to my parents what exactly my job entails..i gave up very soon. Am glad i did not stcik to convention. Also, welcome here. Been reading about divya and dhruv for a while now.

NM:So THAT is the reason i enjoy reading you ...Glad i found you too:-)

Mom Gone Mad May 29, 2009 at 1:56 PM  

YEAH! Now I found your milestone too.:-) Congrats - and yes, you bettah keep at it. There are people out there like me, who won't let you stop!

And du-uh! are you kidding? I'd rather be a jack of all,master of none than something uni-dimensional.

May you live in interesting times, my dear!