Thursday, May 7, 2009

Invoking the Elephant God

Off to bangalore , for one week.

Several items on the agenda..., including bringing back offspring who has stated showing signs of missing us from yesterday. He told my dad that he is going back to " his mumbai". He also said that he is sad because dad and mom have gone to office. My son, the proud one- never will he admit he is missing us. Damn! of all the qualities of life, he had to go and inherit this? I have lived my life with the inability to share sorrow and depression...now him? Sometimes i hate what genes pass on.

The reason we are meeting in Bangalore is because we are also officially declaring our" castle in the air" ready to be occupied, by-who ever rents it out. I wish, i wish it was us staying there..but that seems a long way off. Unless there is a sudden change of tide and both of us find jobs there. In this market, that seems a loooong call.Nevertheless, we will have the mandatory ganapathy homam and boiling of milk after that. And since it is vacation time and the family is fairly jobless- retired-, they will all be there in full attendance.And my son is yet to see the castle, his castle:-) Hopefully there will be some pictures to post when i return.

Getting here has not been easy...for the past 5 days, i have spend hours screaming at the modular kitchen guys, the courier guys, pestering my sister and brother in law who will disown us very soon. Work is still moving at snails pace...considering the fact that the registration of the house was marked by some very depressing events, i am not really surprised.

Off i go..do pray that the work actually gets done before the ceremony on 10th. We seriously need some high octave prayers here. On second thoughts, please pray that we actually get to live in our house soon. That would make my life. Ciao!

9 comments:

nitya May 7, 2009 at 10:09 AM  

Congrats! It is a big day indeed! Give a hug to V from me!

wordjunkie May 7, 2009 at 11:11 AM  

All the best, and here's wishing your dreams come true.

maidinmalaysia May 7, 2009 at 7:37 PM  

congratulations...!! a castle in the bangalore air IS my dream. no seafront cottages for me.

a hug to V. longtime no see...

Nino's Mum May 11, 2009 at 1:07 PM  

congratulations - both for the home and seeing baby soon. also, do you have something special to tell your mum after the last post?

In love with my life May 13, 2009 at 1:58 PM  

Nitya: Thank you. All prayers seemed to have worked. With a little neck wringing here and there. And have hugged V on you behalf :-)
WJ: Thank you..i'm counting on my blessings.
MinM:I could live there, only because we slept with the fans switched off in summer!!!. V is back- not sure who is more thrilled.
NM: Thank you...i worshipped her feet:-). And felt guilty for taking V back. She told me it comes as a package, and to be prepared to be the second best in his life a few years from now.

In love with my life May 13, 2009 at 2:00 PM  

Nitya: Thank you. All prayers seemed to have worked. With a little neck wringing here and there. And have hugged V on you behalf :-)
WJ: Thank you..i'm counting on my blessings.
MinM:I could live there, purely for the reason that we slept with the fans switched off in summer!!!. V is back- not sure who is more thrilled.
NM: Thank you...i worshipped her feet:-). And felt guilty for taking V back. She told me it comes as a package, and to be prepared to be the second best in his life a few years from now.

Unknown May 26, 2009 at 4:59 PM  

Congrats!Its a nice house, prays to god that you can make this as a "HOME"

In love with my life May 26, 2009 at 5:40 PM  

Collective prayers are on:-)

In love with my life May 26, 2009 at 5:41 PM  

PS: I could make fish for you guys too...