Monday, May 18, 2009

I think i might have...

There has always been two sides to me...

>The uber talkative, restless, laughing loud, constantly singing jack of all trades to the family. 17 years after i moved out, neighbours at my parents place insist that they miss my banter and singing...
>Then there is the professional me. Toned down, very diplomatic,smooth and smiling- never laughing loud. Always the listener, minimum talker.

Sometimes i have difficulty associating the two personae. Only some choice people in my life have had the opportunity to see both sides- not even my parents. My mom might have a heart attack if someone tells her i am quite at office. Do not be mistaken though, i am a great listener too. Reason why i love my current job.

Ok, so the point is, i like to talk- about everything under the sun, to anyone available. Never got tired of that. Case in point, if you ever meet TB, he will regale you with this instance.

>>We were once driving down from bangalore to kerala, a total of 8 hours ,and TB was wondering aloud how to keep himself awake during the drive. I apparently( used purely for effect), offered to keep him awake by talking the entire length of the journey- and he says i did.

He has accepted that i am like this wonly and as long as he appears to be listening, he can get away with anything.

After V was born, we kept altering between, is he a talker or is he a listener? for the last few years..it kept oscillating between both.
Now he has come back from vacation and has suddenly turned in to this 'questioning machine'. There is not a second gap between a reply and the next question...All i have done over the weekend is reply to his questions..and being the one who loves to talk and the indulgent mother i am, my jaws are aching!!
But i will not give up..me? being tired of talking ?? sheesh!! how will i face the world if that were to happen? There is one thing that i am slowly starting to accept thought...

"I might have just found my match in a 4 year old". How scary is that?

7 comments:

Cynic in Wonderland May 19, 2009 at 9:50 AM  

but doesnt everyone have that split personality between work and home? heck sometimes i think i have multiple personalities - the in laws cyn, the friends cyn, the social aquaintances cyn and so on

eight hour talkathon is good tho.

maidinmalaysia May 20, 2009 at 2:17 PM  

do you really talk THAT MUCH?

maidinmalaysia May 20, 2009 at 2:18 PM  

or are you exaggerating so i'll believe you

In love with my life May 20, 2009 at 4:41 PM  

errr..i'd like to say yes, but i am teaching V not to lie these days- so ..yes, kinda.

But the 8 hour thing, trust me, is a farce..i must have talked maybe 4wonly.

Nino's Mum May 21, 2009 at 4:55 PM  

hahaha :)
very scary indeed!

Mom Gone Mad May 22, 2009 at 1:30 AM  

yes, you may jsut have met your match!

The Viking and I depserately wanted outgoing children and it really is a case of being "careful what you wish for"
Yesterday, I had a sprained back, Viking was recuperating after a minor throat procedure and the kids chewed our brains out and spat them out.

I'd give anything if they would just SHUT UP! Magar bachche kiski?

In love with my life May 26, 2009 at 9:34 AM  

NM:Competition!! I might just have to ask TB on his stance on the issue:-)

MGM:Bingo!..if i as much comment about him to my mom, she promptly responds- " Mon aradeya, anubhavicho".